Professional Acne Treatments
BiON acne products will achieve control of acne without any form of assistance, however, professional treatment when the patient begins on a BiON acne regimen and a second treatment at the end of approximately three weeks will help speed the patient’s progress. This gives the skin care professional the opportunity to determine that the patient is following the prescribed treatment program and answer any patient questions.
Acne patients have considerable follicular congestion and blockage. In some cases infections may already be developing in the follicular canal or infection may begin developing in the very near future. Deep cleansing the skin and performing a thorough extraction treatment will put the acne control process on the fast track. Following is an example of a treatment.
Acne Facial Treatment with Extractions
- Cleanse the skin with Antibacterial Cleanser or Bacteriostat Cleanser.
- Cleanse the skin again with Mineral Cream Cleanser. Leave on the skin for 2-3 minutes and rinse off.
- Turn on steamer. Apply Salicylic-Glycolic Gel and then steam for 1-2 minute. Turn off steamer and leave Salicylic-Glycolic Gel on skin additional 1 to 2 minutes. Lightly rinse off. OR Choice of Enzyme Mask for exfoliation, with steam – apply Pomegranate/Papaya Enzyme Mask or Pineapple Mango Enzyme Mask. Add Steam and leave on for 5-10 minutes.
- Apply Acne Inhibiting Gel over the entire face and leave on. (Reduces irritation and inflammation and produces an antibacterial coating.)
- Perform extractions. Periodically cleanse of debris with Refreshing Toner (cooling and antiseptic).
- Optional, apply very warm water and Epsom salt compresses for 3 to 5 minutes. (Mixture ratio is ¼ cup Epsom salt to 2 cups of very warm water. Mix thoroughly.)
- Apply Green Tea/Clay Poultice (mask), Mint Mask, or Hydrating Gelee Mask and leave on 5-10 minutes. Rinse off.
- Apply Mandelic Serum 8% or 15% generously and lightly massage into skin.
- Apply Oil Free Moisturizing Gel or Moisture Complex and Titanium Dioxide Suncream SPF 35
Most patients will begin achieving control of acne with BION products during the third week. It may be advisable to bring the patient back during week number four to check their progress and answer questions. This can be a shortened version (perhaps 30 minutes) of the above facial, skipping #6. Extractions should also be much faster and easier.